Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Great Big Mess

I know, I know, you can't believe everything you read, but I just read this guy's explanation of credit default swaps.  If I had a weak heart, heaven forbid, I would have keeled over on the spot after reading his blog.  I have a serious case of the stupids when it comes to this Wall Street stuff.  I have no idea who to believe, or what to believe, but somehow what this guy said had a ring of truth to it. 


If you would like to read it, copy the following URL into your window and go to his site.  http://www.rooshv.com/credit-default-swaps-for-dummies.


EVERYONE, politicians and citizens alike, look like deer standing in the headlights of  this oncoming undescribable leviathan bone crusher.  No one knows what to do.   I don't care what party or politician we're talking about here.  I can plainly see for myself that we have so many problems because of decades and decades of politicians playing "kick the can forward". And people living way beyond their means. And greed everywhere, with corporate execs stuffing their Swiss bank accounts and shipping jobs out of the country and a whole plethora of other things.  Pray you say.  Well let me give you another reality I've noticed.  God doesn't care about politics.  If he did, why are there so many despotic governments around the world?  And if he doesn't care, why should we, other than the fact oil may be involved. 


China nearly owns us.  They outnumber us three to one at least, and have the fastest growing economy in the world.  I saw a "man on the street interview" with a Chinese gentleman.  You could hear the defiance in his voice.  In my words he said, "We nearly own the U.S..  We no longer have to bow to their every wish".  We're forced to stay on China's good side, because we just keep getting in deeper and deeper with them.  Why? Because everyone in our country is screaming for the Government to give us all these benefits, but no one wants to pay for anything.   And don't even get me started on these wars we're in.  If you know even a smidgeon of world history, you know that the middle east has been at war since the days of Abraham.  And we think we're going to solve their problems!  That is preposterous.  


I haven't the slightest idea how to resolve any of this mess.   And some people think Sarah Palin is the answer? (Shudder).  She thought Africa was a country !! If she runs and is elected president, Canada, here I come.












  

1 comment:

  1. Hia, came across your blogpost through the credit default swaps explained link you've attached here! Your blog is great! :) like this article particularly! it is a sorry state of affairs world over. I am from India what happens here makes us want to run away to another country all together on a daily basis. problem being all everyone does is complains. no one wishes, however, to act on it. and when there is someone who is trying to make a difference down with them is all we hear/see! it is appalling.

    ReplyDelete